Playford Galleries and Museums Directory
Be the first to advertise in Playford Galleries and Museums Directory!
We are developing playford.city for you and early supporters can secure top of category and page one spots! If you would like to create a listing in Playford for your Business or Community Group first Create an Account
Replace this Ad with your content, Your listing updates this entire page!
View an example. Consider what Category might you list in? Do we have it?
Do you like the Galleries and Museums in Playford?
Galleries, Museums and Historical Venues in and around Playford, South Australia
Playford is a city in the northern suburbs of Adelaide, South Australia. The city boasts a rich history, which is highlighted in its galleries, museums and historical venues. These sites offer a glimpse into the city’s past and its cultural heritage. Here is a list of some of the most notable galleries, museums and historical venues in and around the city of Playford.
1. Northern Adelaide Art Gallery - This gallery is located in the suburb of Smithfield and showcases the works of local and national artists. The gallery also offers a diverse range of workshops and events related to art and culture.
2. Playford Palace - This gallery is located in the Playford Civic Centre and features a permanent collection of art by local and international artists.
3. John Martin Gallery - This gallery is located in the suburb of Elizabeth and specializes in Australian contemporary art, with a focus on South Australian artists.
1. South Australian Aviation Museum - Located in Port Adelaide, this museum focuses on the history of aviation in South Australia. The museum has a collection of aircraft, engines, and aviation artifacts.
2. National Railway Museum - This museum, located in Port Adelaide, displays a collection of railway artifacts from Australia and around the world. The museum also offers train rides and workshops for train enthusiasts.
3. Elizabeth History Centre - Located in the suburb of Elizabeth, the Elizabeth History Centre is a local history museum that explores the history of the Playford area. The museum features exhibitions on the city’s early settlers, cultural heritage, and industrial history.
1. Playford Civic Centre - Located in Elizabeth, this venue is the cultural hub of the Playford area and hosts a range of events and performances, including music concerts, theatre productions, and art exhibitions.
2. St. Kilda Mangrove Trail and Interpretive Centre - This venue, located in St. Kilda, features a boardwalk through a unique mangrove ecosystem. The Interpretive Centre offers educational exhibits on the local flora and fauna.
3. Salisbury Heritage Hub - Located in the suburb of Salisbury, this venue offers a range of activities related to local history, including guided walking tours, heritage talks, and exhibitions on the city’s past.
4. Tea Tree Gully Heritage Museum - This museum, located in the suburb of Tea Tree Gully, provides an insight into the history of the local area. The museum features exhibits on the lives of early settlers, local industry, and cultural heritage.
Playford and its surrounding suburbs offer a wealth of galleries, museums, and historical venues that highlight the rich cultural heritage of the region. These sites are must-visit destinations for anyone interested in history, art, and culture.
Playford Galleries and Museums Articles